320 kbps, LAME-encoded
Triumphant tenth album explores wintry landscapes of love, relationships and life.
While their colossal sonic achievements are well-documented, Yo La Tengo’s 2000 classic album is more In A Silent Way than Interstellar Space: a quietly intense melange of pulsing beats, acoustic guitar strum, ringing vibraphone and organ washes. Add electric guitar buzzing underneath dreamy, nearly whispered vocals, and ATNTIIO is more mood swing than song cycle.
On their ninth studio album, Yo La Tengo have stripped away layers of electric guitar chaos from their sound. Is it so we can hear their voices? So they can hear each other? Whatever the reason, Georgia and Ira’s most audible and distinctive vocal performances are genuinely intimate and affecting.
- 1 Everyday 6:31 Buy
- 2 Our Way to Fall 4:18 Buy
- 3 Saturday 4:18 Buy
- 4 Let's Save Tony Orlando's House 4:59 Buy
- 5 Last Days of Disco 6:28 Buy
- 6 The Crying of Lot G 4:44 Buy
- 7 You Can Have It All 4:36 Buy
- 8 Tears Are in Your Eyes 4:35 Buy
- 9 Cherry Chapstick 6:11 Buy
- 10 From Black to Blue 4:47 Buy
- 11 Madeline 3:35 Buy
- 12 Tired Hippo 4:46 Buy
- 13 Night Falls on Hoboken 17:42 Buy
- Yo La Tengo
- I Can Hear The Heart Beating As One (25th Anniversary Deluxe Edition)
- Catalogue Number
- Release Date
- April 22, 2022
- LP (special)